Monday, August 18, 2014

LEAF Turkeys

First off we had to start a leaves collection for this project. The boys had lots of fun doing this and frankly had a bigger collection than we need! Isn't hat how it always works though? 

Now I am starting to feel a little guilty because I usually take photos of my oldest boy working on the project. With the younger son I am either I am frantically trying to  do everything in the right order and not destroy the house once he wakes up from his nap or trying to do to many things at once with MJ (older) and JD (younger). Maybe one of these days I will do a better job of catching both of them doing the projects. As for now I have to know that it is good that I did the best that I could and our house is still standing! 

The boys divided up the leaves and then choose a fall colored piece of construction paper. I cut out the body of the turkey, which was a brown piece of contraction paper in a figure eight shape. I also cut the legs and nose out of felt. The boys put on there googly eyes. Sure is cool that we can use a little bit of nature to make our craft on a little bit different.
Pretty AWESOME!!!! I really like seeing them work as the project turns out. I let MJ have control of the glue and he thought he was so BIG! This Mama is having a hard time with that but like I tell him, God has big plans for you today and tomorrow and all the days after that as you get bigger and older. 
JD will have to wait a few more years! for glue control ;).

I have to remind myself of this verse when ever I start to feel anxious. Even about not taking photos of JD doing his project. I don't have to have it all together and I don't. I know that my GOD take me as I am, and forgives me when I ask.
God is so good!!!!

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


1 comment:

  1. So cute! You are so creative!.... and a great mama! Those boys are so blessed to have you! Much love - Diana

    ReplyDelete