Monday, August 18, 2014

Bee Mine... Bumble Bee Valentine Day Fun!

Bumble Bees, Writing Practice, Paint Hearts, and Pinto Bean Math

Here it is.....! MJ's sweet little bumble bee. I had already decided to that everyone in the family would do a Valentine's Day bee.
This craft was very simple. We took stuff that we already had and used them! 
What we needed:
Toilet paper roll
Craft sticks
Permeant marker 
Googly eyes
Felt for wings and nose
Glitter
Glue (I like to use a hot glue gun)
Yellow and Black construction paper

At this point my every-so-sweet 2 year old is up now. He destroyed all of the piles and what I was doing and even lost one of my googly eyes. This mad one irritated Mama! It was so much fun because he was whining and wanting to do a bumble bee too, and MJ was wondering what he could do next! So I pulled out the paint and let them paint! JD did it later and I wasn't able to get photos of him but they each made enough to send to both set of grandparents and to decorate the house with! All it took was me grabbing a bunch of typing paper and drew some large hearts on the pictures, I finished up doing my bee and work on JD work on his. Dada did his once he go home for dinner.
Now I can't remember when this happened but I am sure it was well little man was sleeping. MJ loves to tell people about our puppy! So I figure why not let him write about it! He was very proud of this when he was all done.  Then I tried to do replicate from what I remember about school and did repeat the a few of words individually.
I got this idea from Webster's Early Learning Center's Math Night about 3 years ago, when we went to go with my BBF's son. I wrote the number of beans that go in each slot and then grabbed a heaping pile of pinto beans. Then I gave him directions and that was that. Next he had to ignore the numbers and count by twos. JD even enjoyed to do this.
I really like the February/Valentine's Day mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment