Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Kitchen Remodel

Stage 1: Removing the nicknack/ catch all/ phone wall

This wall has bother me for a very long time!!!! So what did I do? Tell my husband and what does he do???? He knocked it down!!!!! I sure do LOVE that man! Not just because he does a project after I ask him to but because he is a wonderful man who serves the one and only God, loves his family, and does a great job serving as a student ministry pastor and of course he also very HANDSOME.

First of all I mentioned that this wall was blocking our house up. It was also because this spot was a catch-all.   I believe its original intent was for a house phone... which we don't have anymore so it just kept acquiring all of the odds and ends from around the house!!!!! Another annoyance was that we had to walk around the wall and that is pretty irritating (didn't realise how much I dislike this wall until it was gone!
Before:


My hubby had to make sure that the removal of the wall wouldn't then distroy our home. From there he was up  in the attic seeing which wires were going where. We had to take out the door bell (haven't decided if we should replace it or not) and replace the flooring once the wall was out! I had fun taking down the wall!!!!! He let me take a few swings at it for sheer pleasure it was good stress reliever!

During:



After: 


 Of course there is probably a few more things to be done here but it is so much better. Thanks to my great husband who listens to every word I say! You are my rock star!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment