Saturday, January 3, 2015

Salsa!


 Needed:
For this salsa you need a blender or a food processor.
1 can of whole tomatoes
2 cans of tomatoes and green peppers (mild, medium, or hot) your choose
1/2 of a onion
1 lime juice
2-4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 jalapeño
Freshly ground pepper
Sea salt


 
My lime juicer!!!!!!!
 For the mild salsa I used a quarter of the jalapeño.
Pulse until you get the consistency that you want it, we like are to be like a sauce.
 I filled three pint jars with one batch of this recipe.
For the Medium Salsa I used a three quarters of jalapeño, and use one medium and one mild tomatoes and green chilies.  I think next time I will toast my jalapeños to add just a little more flavor.
So happy to have this in my fridge, may be it would take so long for me to make them once they are out. 

If you really don't like spicy, you could always do away with the jalapeño and stick to mild tomatoes and green chiles it you want it spicier then I would add more jalapeños and maybe even you the hot green chiles and tomatoes. You can adjust to make you and your family happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment